Here are our top tips for maintaining optimum results in between waxes from our fantastic therapists:
- Wear clean, loose fitting clothes for the first 24 hours.
- No fake tans, massages, extreme heat treatments (e.g. very hot baths or showers, saunas, steam rooms), swimming, sunbathing (including sun beds or any other exposure to UV light) or tight clothing for 24 - 48 hours.
- Avoid exercise for 24 hours as getting sweaty could clog the hair follicles. Do not scratch or touch the area with unwashed hands.
- Moisturise the waxed area regularly, preferably with Isabella Skincare After - wax Oil, which will also help to alleviate any irritation.
- Flannels and exfoliating mitts can be used in the shower or bath but these must be kept clean and dry, and should be replaced regularly.
- Ingrown hairs are sometimes caused by weakening of the hair which does not allow the hairs to grow through to the top layer of the skin, the epidermis. A lack of certa in vitamins and minerals can inhibit the follicle healing process. If you seem to be incredibly prone to ingrown hairs we would suggest that you consult your GP and ask for your folic acid level to be tested.
- If you've been shaving and come in for your fi rst wax you will notice a small amount of regrowth due to the fact that the hairs will be growing at different stages. I t can take up to 4 treatments for your hair to get on a growth cycle that gives best results. Please also note that we always recommend hot wax if you're coming in for the first time after shaving.
- Hair needs to be at least ½ cm long before it can be successfully removed by waxing; please do not shave between your appointments.
- To maintain your smooth appearance, we recommend regular waxing every 4 - 6 weeks, or as needed.
Please follow the above to retain your wonderful waxing results !